The Telamon Foundation, the charitable arm of Telamon Corporation, is pleased to announce its 2015 grants to seven organizations. These awards support initiatives that focus primarily on education and/or the arts.
“The Telamon Foundation is happy to support these seven organizations whose programs align with the foundation’s pillars of arts and education,” said Stephanie Fuhrmann, President of the Telamon Foundation. “We are happy to provide support for programs that give youth the opportunity to experience the arts no matter their socio-economic condition while also promoting educational readiness.”
The seven organizations that will receive funding include:
- The Central Indiana Dance Ensemble, a pre-professional dance ensemble that provides a vehicle for children to be trained in dance principle. Its grant will support scholarships for dancers, special choreography opportunities, and continued community outreach.
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis to support cultural & arts-immersion programs for the Take Me There: China exhibit, which utilizes art & cultural programs to instill global mindedness among visitors.
- Christel House Academy, a network of Indianapolis charter schools serving the city’s most impoverished children, for art supplies to be used by more than 800 K-12 students at two campuses during 2016. .
- The Herron School of Art & Design to help support scholarships & educational resources to youth attending Herron’s Community Learning Programs during 2016 no matter their socio-economic condition.
- The Indianapolis Art Center, which provides interactive art education, outreach to underserved audiences, support of artists, and exposure to the visual arts. Its grant will support its Art Reach program and the effort to serve more teens who live in the most vulnerable areas & neighborhoods in Indy.
- The International School of Indiana, one of the six international schools in the entire U.S., to help fund the purchase of supplies for art & science classes.
- KIPP Indy, a network of free, open-enrollment college preparatory public schools, to support the educational opportunities of two kindergarten classes at KIPP Indy Unity Elementary.
Telamon Foundation’s next round of funding for 2016 will open on January 4, 2016. Applications will be due on September 2, 2016. Please visit https://telamon.com/telamon-foundation for more information.